Friday, January 27, 2012

Patron Saint Dymphna



Prayer of St Dymphna (for nervousness or distress):

Patron: Mental Health

I turn to you, dear virgin and martyr, confident of your power with God and of your willingness to take my cause into your hands. I praise and bless the Lord for giving you to us as patron of the nervous and emotionally disturbed. I firmly hope that through your kind intercession He will restore my lost serenity and peace of mind. May He speak to my heart and reassure me: "My peace I give you. Let not your heart be troubled nor let it be afraid."
Pray for me, dear St. Dymphna, that my nervous and emotional turmoil may cease, and that I may again know serenity and personal peace.
Amen.

Memorial: May 15th

Additional Patronages: Family happiness, against sleepwalking, care givers and Therapists

Why she is venerated by the Holy Roman Catholic Church:

Miracles: The site of her death in Belgium is known to cure epileptics and mental instability

Saint Dymphna Charm Medal

Patrick
www.apostle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment