Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Healthcare Bill

I'm not huge in politics but I tend to lean toward the Republican side. The core principle of Republicans seems to be "smaller government", where the Democrats seem to be "larger government".

The Healthcare bill seems to be a government takeover of healthcare.

I have mixed feelings about this bill.

I realize that there are many people without health insurance, and the premiums for health insurance keeps rising. This needs to be addressed, but why is the bill over 1,000 pages? Can't we just set up something that covers the uninsured? With all that unspent stimulus money it seems like this could be done.

The largest book beside the Bible I have read was The Stand and it was nearly 1,000 pages. It took me about 3 months to finish and it was an easy read. How can we expect our political leaders to read this 1,200 page bill in one sitting?

I can't imagine how many things are in that bill. It makes me a little nervous to think about it.

Why is every single Republican voting against it?

Why are the Democrats doing these "sweetheart deals" and trying to pass the bill with loopholes?

It seems we are a little in the dark about this healthcare bill. How much is this bill going to cost? How much money does the United States have? Are we printing more money and making the dollar worth less? Why are all these states underbudget all of the time?

I guess I am asking too many questions for one blog post. I am very concerned about our country, and it seems like we are spending way too much money.

Let me know your thoughts and thank you for your time. God bless you.

1 comment:

  1. You are 100% correct, although by now I'm sure you're well aware of that. We have passed over the slippery slope and with no or very few people of character in Washington D.C., the future looks bleak. Even sadder is the fact that few citizens even notice as they cheer their way into a future stripped of liberty and their backs strapped with the weight of carrying the debt the elite continue to enslave us and our posterity with.

    ReplyDelete